Adults who go missing

Adults at Risk who are being sexually exploited may go missing from home or care, and education / work. Some go missing frequently; the more often they go missing the more vulnerable they are to being sexually exploited. If an adult does gobmissing, the Adults Missing from Hospitals or Care Settings Procedure should be followed.

Independent Return Interviews with the adult can help in establishing why they went missing and the subsequent support that may be required, as well as preventing repeat incidents. These may be conducted by a social worker, police officer, or other professional known to the adult.


You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response.

When should I use 101?

Use 101 to report crimes and concerns such as:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • Give the police information about crime in your area
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry

You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.