The Sheffield Adult Safeguarding Team are currently running training for workers and volunteers. These courses run until March 2017.
All courses are free to attend but there is a non-attendance/cancellation policy. An application form needs to be completed in order for someone to secure their place on a course and this can be requested from the following email address: email@example.com
The training courses and next available dates are as follows:
Introduction to Safeguarding
All Staff and volunteers who work with adults. This is a basic introductory course and focuses on handling initial disclosures and raising alerts. This course is suitable for ALL employees and volunteers, who, depending on their role may then wish to attend one of the other courses we offer.
- History, context and definitions
- Recognising abuse – types, indicators, patterns
- Responding to potential abuse, disclosures and allegations
- Overview of Safeguarding Adults process, roles and responsibilities
- Identifying sources of support and information
Dates: 23 January (2017), 15 February (2017), 16 March (2017)
Venue: Moorfoot Building (City Centre)
Anyone who has completed Safeguarding Adults awareness training in the previous two years, and feel they would benefit from attending a course rather then an on line learning programme.
- Assessment of current knowledge and experience
- Reminder of definitions, forms and indicators
- Update on changes in policy, legislation, requirements within procedures etc
- Application to future practice
27 October - 9.30 – 12.30pm (Fulwood House, Fulwood)
1 December - 1.30-4.30pm (Moorfoot Building, City Centre)
2 February (2017) - 9.30-12.30pm (Moorfoot Building, City Centre)
9 March (2017) - 9.30-12.30pm (Moorfoot Building, City Centre)
27 March (2017) - 9.30-12.30pm (Moorfoot Building, City Centre)
Running Effective Planning Meetings
This course has been designed to reflect the changes in Safeguarding with the implementation of The Care Act 2014. Planning meetings replace Strategy meetings and are outcome focused based on Making Safeguarding Personal.
This course will provide information and guidance in relation to the management of planning meetings and the planning process.
- Overview of the safeguarding process
- Face to Face meetings
- Planning meeting timescales, structure, invitees
- Overview of Section 42 enquiries
24 June - 1.30-4.30pm - Fulwood House (Fulwood)
28 September - 1.30-4.30pm - Moorfoot Building (City Centre)
27 October - 1.30-4.30pm - Fulwood House (Fulwood)
21 November - 9.30-12.30pm - Moorfoot Building (City Centre)