In preparation of this meeting it may be appropriate to seek the view of the Adult at Risk in relation to where they would like meeting to be held. I.e. they may want this meeting to be held in their home.
In assessing who needs to be involved in the planning meeting, this will depend on the following:-
- If the adult wants to attend to contribute and determine how their outcomes will be met.
- If the adult does not want to attend and is happy for their views and outcomes to be fed into meeting.
- The relationship between the safeguarding and other processes – disciplinary, complaint, etc.
- The interface between the safeguarding processes and criminal processes.
- If family based issues are present within the concern.
- Whether the safeguarding concerns indicate that organisational abuse may need to be investigated.